Pricing (as of January 1, 2014)
- 1/10 of a penny (0.1 cents) per record-datafield
- A record-datafield is a single field for a single record (answer, code or log-entry)
- 1/100 of a penny (0.01 cents) per stored character
- So a 10-word (50 character) answer to an openeend question would have a fee of 0.1 cents for the field plus 0.5 cents (50 times .01) for the text within it.
- No fee for empty fields
- No fee for Record Number and Record Name fields
- No fee for the Cell ID field in a multi-cell (Experimental design) study
- $0.80 (80 cents) per purchase transaction
- Normally, only one purchase is required per project: after data collection and before analysis begins.
- In some projects, like those conducted in stages or those that have separate data-collection and coding operations, you may elect to gate different portions of your data at different times.
As soon as you specify the data you want to use, you get a quote from our service, pay the fee, and your data get converted to a form that allows analysis or export.
You decide which fields and which records to purchase tickets for:
- Before purchasing a ticket, data fields can still be stored, reviewed and edited, one case at a time. They are referred to as "RAW" - for "Read-And-Write" - data.
- Ticketed (purchased) data fields can be aggregated analyzed or exported without limit. They are referred as "PAID" for "Paid-for And Indexer Data"
- PAID data fields keep their status permanently. They only lose it if the stored value is changed.
- Student interview project
- 20 records, each with 20 fields and 200 characters $ 1.60
- Diagnostic WebSite User Session
- 20 records, each with 30 fields, 10,000 log-entry characters $ 20.80
- Exploratory study with 3 questions content-coded
- 100 records each with 200 fields and 500 characters $ 25.80
- Eyes-On-Eyes Test of a video - with 3 content-coded
- 150 records each with 300 fields and 600 characters $ 54.80
- Custom corporate survey
- 1,000 records each with 100 fields and 400 characters $141.80
The cost per record in these projects ranges from 8 cents to $1.04
- FieldKit(r) is distributed as GaterWare(r)
using the DataGater(r) data
control system from
Portions covered by US Patent 7,272,582, DataGater, LLC.