The Base Product
The Researcher's FieldKitA general-purpose platform
- Create any kind of project the FieldKit is capable of
- Do interviews, media studies, behavior observations, usability, etc
- Use any combination of their elements
- All tools for composing, recording, synchronizing, coding, charting and analyzing are provided.
All the following design options are achieved through drop-down menus. Even if you start with a template for one type of study, you can reconfigure it to perform like any other.
Audience Research FieldKitTo study media, communications
- TV, web videos, ads, concerts, lessons
- Pre-recorded or live stimuli
- Use distractors, if desired
- Record spontaneous behaviors with a camera for later coding,
- Or have people record their judgments by mouse or keyboard during the show.
- FieldKit platform manages all stimulus playing, audience recording, behavior coding and analysis, minimizing workload and keeping everything synchronized..
eForm FieldKitFor data-forms, interviews, questionnaires,
- Administer interactive electronic forms
for self-administered or moderator-administered interviews.
- Or create paper-pencil forms -- using a computer version for keypunch
- Do content analysis on open-end answers
Recorded Interview FieldKit
For one-on-ones, discussions and focus interviews
- Compose topic guide for use in field
- Use FieldKit to record and log the interviews
- Transcribe the sessions - coding by topic and speaker
- Do quantitative content analysis on the verbatims
Ethnographic-Observation FieldKitTo study spontaneous behaviors
- Social, educational, consumer, ethnographic research
- Quantitative or qualitative analyses
- Automated time-sampling capability
- Counters, timers, and a full range of closed- and
open--end controls are available
Accountability FieldKitFor performance evaluation and review
- Evaluations, observation checklists, surveys
- Import, edit standard templates
- Use pre-formatted report forms